Community Support Worker – Part Time in Greater Victoria and/or CRD
Our growing South Island Community Connections Program (SICC) is hiring support worker(s) to provide one-on-one support to adults diagnosed with Autism, PDD or FASD and who experience challenges with adaptive functioning. The primary role of the support worker is to assist the clients with life skills, vocational/educational goals and social /recreational activities. Support work may occur in the community or the client’s home, within the southern Vancouver Island area.
Candidates will have:
- The ability to have a flexible schedule and be able to provide day, evening, or weekend support to clients
- Current First Aid certificate
- Clear Criminal Record Check for children and vulnerable adults
- Clear drivers abstract
- Knowledge of the transit system within the South Island area
- Class 5 drivers’ license and use of a reliable vehicle, an asset
Education and skills:
- A certificate or diploma in Social Services or a related field, (may be in progress), or 2 years relevant education and / or experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new or challenging situations
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of internet applications and applicable office software
- Experience with CARF/COA accreditation standards an asset
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of local community services for adults with disabilities
We offer a competitive wage (CSSEA scale) and a generous benefit package. For a complete job description contact Kelly Walker at email@example.com.
To apply for the position, please forward a COVER LETTER and RESUME attention Kelly Walker, Program Supervisor, South Island Community Connections, before 4 pm on Tuesday May 28, 2019.