Employment Opportunities – 1 posting
Youth Worker – Part-time Maternity Leave
Sooke Family Resource Society (SFRS) is looking for a youth worker to assist youth with navigation through the mental health system. The Youth Worker provides the youth with assessment, support, and coaching to address the issues they face. Youth can be seen either in the office or on an outreach basis. This position is in the Sooke area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain client caseloads based on referrals from community partners.
- Assess the needs of the youth upon intake and quarterly.
- Provide information on community resources to youth and their families.
- Provide support and education to youth using an inter-disciplinary approach.
- Direct youth or facilitate recreational and social activities for youth, as required.
- Utilizes a variety of client-centered, counselling techniques to assist youth with the resolution of family crises.
- Maintains statistical data on clients as required by Program Manager and funders.
- Keep concise case notes on each youth.
- Keep up to date files on each youth.
Education and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in the social services field.
- Extensive experience working with “at risk” youth.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of internet applications and applicable office software
- Experience with CARF/COA accreditation standards an asset
- Knowledge of local community services
- Current First Aid certificate.
This posting closes on July 16, 2019 at 4:30pm. No phone calls please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and resume Attention Kandy Stephenson, Mental Health Clinical Supervisor